Welcome!

We are seven TV & Media Production students from IT Carlow and as part of our coursework we were assigned to come up with a blog.
And so 'Ctrl Alt Cinema' was born. We plan on bringing you reviews and opinions on the films which you may have missed!
So, with out much further ado..

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Informant

The Informant! is a 2009 political dark comedy film directed by Stephen Soderbergh. It depicts Mark Whitacre's involvement as a whistle blower in the lysine price fixing conspiracy of the mid-1990s, as described in the 2000 non fiction book, The Informant, by journalist Kurt Eichenwald The script was written by Scott Z. Burns and the film stars Matt Damon, Richard Steven Horvitz, Scott Bakula, Joel Mchale and Melanie Lynskey.

I tried to enjoy this movie but just couldn't get into it. I guess it's just not my kind of humour. The monologues from Damon are well thought out and funny but I think the story itself wasn't funny enough. I think Damon acted really well and it was a good idea for a movie but, for me, it didn't work. I came away from the film without any stong feelings about the story. It was just something I watched when I was bored and probably because he was in it. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody looking for a real sidesplitter feel good movie. It's an acquired taste and not really for the masses.

By Gerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment